Mountain Bike Rotorua Shuttles
Maximise your time riding downhill by catching a mountain bike shuttle to access some of the best trails in the forest.
Join in on the daily public shuttles or charter your own private mountain bike adventure with a private bus or 4WD.
The team at Mountain Bike Rotorua provide year-round public shuttle services in Whakarewarewa Forest.
Public shuttle buses: Operating daily. See updates about the service on Facebook and Instagram.
- Shuttle pick up: from the intersection of Hill and Pipeline Roads
- Shuttle drop off: near the summit of Tawa Road.
- Operates: Monday - Friday: 10am - 3pm (First pick up of the day at Waipa mountain bike car park at 10am)
- Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Tickets: can be purchased on the bus or at the Waipa Forest Mountain Bike Rotorua shop. Check out the Mountain Bike Rotorua website for up to date information and pricing.
Trails accessed from the shuttle drop off near the summit of Tawa Road:
- Eagle v Shark (Grade 3)
- Te Rua (Grade 5)
- Underbilly (Grade 3) on to Billy T
- Billy T (Grade 4)
- Tihi o Tawa (Grade 4)
- Unrideable (Grade 6?)
- Taniwha National Downhill (Grade 6)
- Corners (Grade 3)
- Huckleberry Hound (Grade 4)
- Te Mounga (Grade 4)
- Little Red Riding Huck (Grade 4)
Private bus charter: The fleet of buses is available to charter privately, carrying 25 passengers within the forest. Email: email@example.com
Private 4WD Charter: An epic way to enjoy as much of the forest as you can in a short amount of time - book either the Squad Waka (7 riders) or Battle Waka (4 riders). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org