ROTORUA MOUNTAIN BIKE CLUB SCHOLARSHIP
ROTORUA MOUNTAIN BIKE CLUB MEMBERS CAN APPLY FOR FUNDING ASSISTANCE.
Up to $1000 is awarded per person to help them progress in their sport at a National riding level or above. To be considered, you must apply via writing, explaining what you would use the money for, and how it would enable you to progress.
$6000 a year is made available for this assistance, available in two segments.
Segment One – Applications open 1st April - 1st of May, and awarded 1st June.
Segment Two – Applications open 1st October - 1st of November, and awarded 1st December.
How to Apply for funding/assistance through the Club;
If you are an active member of the Rotorua Mountain Bike Club – then you may be eligible to apply for funding.
- Must currently be, and have been an active Rotorua Mountain Bike Club member for the past 12 months.
- Must not be supported at a factory sponsorship level.
- Commitment to mountain biking: The recipient must have demonstrated a history of involvement in the sport of mountain biking such as participating in events, volunteering at events, and promoting the sport in their community.
- Commitment to mountain biking at a National level or above. This can include previous attendance at events outside of Rotorua, or future plans to do so.
- The fund can be applied for annually.
Submit your application;
Email a proposal through to the Club Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements if approved;
- Provide a riding image, and small paragraph about themselves and their intentions with the scholarship funds that can be shared & promoted on the Rotorua Mountain Bike club social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Website, EDM).
- Successful applicants will need to report back on how they have used their scholarship within 6 months of the awarded date, this will be detailing events participated in, featuring results and photos. It can be written, video or can arrange to do it in person with a RMTBC Committee member!